Thread: corel question

corel question

Hi all,

I am trying to take a powerclip pattern (3D fishscale) and stitch it together to fill a large background area for a plaque I'm engraving. When I use 'step and repeat' to align the multiple powerclips, it leaves a visible border line between the various segments, as shown. How can I make this pattern fill a larger area without these breaklines showing? I have also tried importing the pattern to a pattern fill, and using fill command, but it does not line up correctly. I do not want to scale up the pattern to fit, as I need the scale as it is.

insert.jpg

Thanks -
    Last edited by Don Corbeil; 12-04-2014 at 8:00 PM.

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Don,
    Break the fish scale pattern up so that you have individual scales (or create a single scale with a fill pattern). Create a row of scales and group. Then start building your rows on top of each other. Group every row you stack and use it for the next stack. It will build up pretty quick. I've done this before for gun stocks. Then power clip the final pattern into whatever shape you need.

Dave
    Epilog Helix 60w
    Epilog Mini 18 30W
    Purex Xbase 200
    CorelDRAW X7
    Wood Carver

Looks like the pattern has a thin black border at either the top or the bottom (or both) so that it doesn't "tile" seamlessly. Not sure where you got the pattern, but can you open it in your favorite paint program and either clean up the border or crop off the top/bottom to make a properly tiling pattern?

thanks guys for your input. For some reason that annoying black border doesn't show up when I edit the bitmap, so I started over and took it down to a single scale then saved it again as a color pattern. This time it worked, and I have no seams!

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i