Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm finding my SMC threads on what appears to be a different website?

I'm finding my SMC threads on what appears to be a different website?

Here's a thread I started recently in this forum that is appearing elsewhere. Any idea what this site is? I see lots of French words. Is our content being sold or ripped off?

s-creekwoodworkers.blogspot.com/2014/12/up-or-down-cut-spiral-bit-for-through.html
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-06-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    Here's a thread I started recently in this forum that is appearing elsewhere. Any idea what this site is? I see lots of French words. Is our content being sold or ripped off?

s-creekwoodworkers.blogspot.com/2014/12/up-or-down-cut-spiral-bit-for-through.html
    Scott, I don't know but I will see if I can find out.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-06-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Looks like ripped off...there are threads there from today.

Do a google on your name. you will find posts you have made in lots of strange places. Who knows why; cheap content?

They even got my Major fire thread.
    Seems like they take the first post of a thread, and repeat it.
    Maybe we could start flooding the threads with nasty comments about it being a hack site.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I bet it's a revenue generator for the owner of that site. Kind of a slimy thing to do but not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    I bet it's a revenue generator for the owner of that site. Kind of a slimy thing to do but not uncommon.
    Let's see what Keith has to say. SMC TOS does allow Northwind Associates to sell content, but if this is a content rip-off I'm guessing Keith would take action.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Everyone that has clicked on the link, check your cookies and clear everything from blogger.com
    I suggest taking the link out of the thread
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

We have never sold or authorized anyone to use any content from this web site.

I have reported this instance to Google and requested that the Blog site be removed.

If for some reason my request is denied I will provide the serial number of the request so everyone here can request that their posts be removed individually.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-06-2014 at 12:59 PM.

It's interesting that someone is trying to use our content to sell ads and doing it so badly, too. There is no contact information anywhere in the blog. I tried searching for s-creekwoodworking.ca, but came up with nothing. There is an s-creekwoodworking.com, hosted in California, but I doubt that they would be using french welcoming information. I would bet, Keith, that you will find that one of our Canadian members here is taking advantage of your content, and being lazy, is trying to make a buck off of it.

I hope that I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Grant Wilkinson; 12-06-2014 at 1:14 PM.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Blogspot.com is a Google service.
    Someone is capturing our data and transferring it to their blog on Google which is copy write infringement.
    I can't say anything else at this time but we are looking into other options besides asking Google to remove the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    This Blog Site has been removed.
    Excellent!!!!

Any info on who was behind the hijack?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    A similar problem was happening with an engineering site I visit. Some Chinese site was attempting to gain credibility for itself by having quality content, and the easiest method was to steal what was already out there, thread by thread.

Our solution? We began adding in random comments to the bottom of our posts -- one to two words only -- that we knew the state censors hated (like "Tiananmen Square"). Our posts were immediately flagged and I believe the site died shortly thereafter.

Sometimes you have to beat the thief at their own game
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5