Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK...this might get me beat up...but here goes...

OK...this might get me beat up...but here goes...

So...this past Cyber Monday, I (along with about 10,000,000,000 other people) headed for LV.

Only, I wasn't smart enough to do it at 12:00AM. I waited until around 6:30... *sigh*

Anyway...the only thing I was really seriously thinking about buying was a Veritas X-Cut Carcass saw. And...sure enough...there it was!!!

But so was the Rip Carcass. Hmmm. Should I get both?

Maybe.

Let me think about it.

Hmmm.

No. I'll just get the X-Cut.

Unfortunately...during the course of my indecision...it was sold out. *UGH*

Well...as luck would have it...I revisited LV on Thursday. AND I noticed that there was something still in my cart. It was...the X-Cut Carcass saw. Of course it reminded of the pain and disappointment that I had felt from a few days before...

And just when I had thought I had gotten past it...*sniff*

Anyway...I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I clicked on the item in my cart. It took me back to the Cyber Monday page for that item...and it showed it still available! And at the same price!!!

I thought, "No way." But I figured I might as well try it and see what happened...thinking every step of the way that it would say "No Longer Available" or the like...but, wouldn't you know, the transaction went through.

WHAT???

I was so astonished that I actually called LV. The guy looked at my order number and said, "Well...I don't know how this happened, but I'm pretty sure you just bought the last one."

My delivery notification says it will be here Tuesday. YES!!!
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Well, you know what they say about sunshine and a dog's backside.....congrats and enjoy.

I think what'll probably come is an empty box with a note that says "we were only kidding, it's not in stock "
    Last edited by David Weaver; 12-07-2014 at 7:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I think it'll probably come in an empty box with a note that says "we were only kidding, it's not in stock "
    Nicely done indeed.
    BTW Harold you will really like the saw. And wish you had bought the rip.
    Paul

I think what'll probably come is an empty box with a note that says "we were only kidding, it's not in stock "
    No, that would be for an order placed April 1.

Maybe you got far enough that the system reserved the inventory to you. However it happened, congrats!

Wow, I can't believe you made that happen. Very nice work, you tool hacker. I wish they still had the cheap rip carcass saw available... I bought the crosscut and now I kinda wish I bought the set.

Yeah, an early April Fool's joke.

The note will say,

"We don't give a rip..."

I don't understand why no one has offered a 'You suck', yet.

So, You suck.

Full disclosure, I have a full set of Bad Axe saws from a couple of Dovetail saws up through the Large Tenon saw. I love 'em and use 'em almost every day. I've also gone to La Crosse for Mark's saw sharpening class and it was worth the time and money. Now here comes the "but"......If I was starting a saw set there ain't no way no how I would buy Bad Axe or any other Boutique saw. The bang for the buck isn't there, eye candy and lovely to have you bet but a full set of Veritas Molded Spine saws work just as well and for less than the price of a Bad Axe Carcase saw with just a little "bling" you can have a full set of Veritas saws. As an example a set of Veritas saws: Dovetail, Carcase X-C and Rip, with a Large Tenon prices out at just under $300 USD. A Bad Axe Carcase saw with no "bling" is $255 USD and by the time you add just a little "bling" i.e. brass back $25 USD, Apple tote $30 USD, and Split Nuts $20 USD, the saw is $330 USD. Are the Bad Axe saws worth it? You bet I would and will buy another but if you just want a good saw the Vertas can't be beat and price isn't part of the equation.

I forgot to add: I have all the Veritas saws with the exception of the Gents saw and use them almost as much as the Bad Axe.

Sorry for the rant Harold but you should have ordered the Rip saw as well :-).

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    I don't understand why no one has offered a 'You suck', yet.

So, You suck.
    Wow...I just got a "You suck"...AND from a MODERATOR!

Seriously...I will remember and cherish this moment forever.
    I am never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ken hatch View Post
    Sorry for the rant Harold but you should have ordered the Rip saw as well :-).
    I know...I know...
    I am never wrong.

Blog Entries
    You must have done something kind somewhere along the way and are being rewarded . Congrats.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Well...I got a package in the mail today from LV.

No. There was no note.

Just one very cool CARCASS SAW!!!

Yes...
    I am never wrong.