View Poll Results: Spending more or less this holiday season?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spending quite a bit more

8 12.50%
  • Spending a little bit more

6 9.38%
  • Spending about same as last year

31 48.44%
  • Spending a little less

9 14.06%
  • Spending quite a bit less

10 15.63%

Thread: Holiday spending 2014

Holiday spending 2014

What are your spending plans this holiday 2014 season? This is overall spending, including gifts for others as well as yourself, entertaining, charitable giving, etc. This is an anonymous poll.

If you include stuff for myself then my spending went up a lot this year. My spending for others remains basically zero. My parents and brothers and I made the decision that no gifts will be exchanged some years ago. I don't buy for the nieces and nephews as they get so many gifts already. By the time grandparents and other aunts/uncles and so on buy gifts they have more toys than the parents want to store.

I did buy my parents a new TV a few weeks back, but that was not a holiday gift.

My wife does the shopping for 10 Gkids, 2 GGkids, and our kids & spouses. Something she enjoys. She sets a limit for each.
    I go overboard on her at times. Don't really look for sales like she does, but rather hit a store, look around, and buy what I think she'll like.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

We are buying our son and D-I-L a new stove this year. They really need one.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Hi Phil, I voted about the same as last year.

I don't accept Christmas presents any longer, my family buys Christmas dinner for 100 homeless people in lieu of presents for me.

Rod.

Blog Entries
    I don't need anything that could be purchased as a gift. I ask that anyone who wishes is free to contribute to my charities of choice (Nothing but Nets, Habitat for Humanity, NPR, Medicine sans Frontiers,, Wikipedia, Be The Match, and food banks / homeless shelters). SWMBO has a similar list.

We have limited giving within our family. We also give holiday gifts to our neighbors (generally home made).
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"