Thread: New Here

Cuero, Texas--Not too far from the third coast.

New Here

I'm active on some other forums and have seen this one on several occasions and recognize several names (members) here, so thought I'd join.
    I do lots of turning- it's my therapy- to relieve stress and relax, when I can't go fishing. I get and process my own wood for blanks and stick with woods native to the area. Since I'm in a rural area-- between my coffee buddies/friends/patients and all the oilfield activity--there's not a shortage of trees that need to be "harvested". I have a large "collection" of trees that are waiting to become pretties.
    I am blessed with a large shop where I have all the woodworking tools I want. I've been turning enthusiastically now for several years and admittedly like doing the larger things--bowls, boxes, urns, platters, pepper mills, rolling pins--have yet to turn a pen (maybe some day). I do sell some of my turnings and have been a good source for the charity auctions that seem to happen more and more often--glad to help, and I make a lot of my gifts for family and friends.
    I have 3 lathes that I use (like to have more than one project at a time): a NOVA 1624, Shopfox 1758, and a Vega 1447--all handle 14 inch or bigger--if I'm turning that big.
    Using Texas woods--especially Mesquite, the "Queen" of woods.

David,
    Welcome to the Creek! You will find lots of friendly and helpful folks here. Sounds like you are well set up. People love pictures here, so post 'em if you got 'em.
    Jon

Welcome David, definitely look forward to seeing some of your work.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

David - Welcome to the Creek! Be sure to start sharing some of your work with everyone! I especially liked the rich colors in your Huisache plate/platter!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Welcome Friend! You'll find everything from advise to opinions here and you'll love it.

Merry Christmas,
    Marc

Welcome David. Enjoy all the great folks here.