Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: shooting board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Check out Derek's website. It has a lot of great ideas and shares many techniques that will help you with your work.

jtk
    Thanks Jim. I'll check it out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry S. Wojtowicz View Post
    Thanks Jim. I thought that he meant he was pushing against the lever cap.
    What keeps that hotdog in place? Just a presssure fit? Seems like it would slide off, even with downward pressure.
    Thanks Jim for the kind words.

Gerry, there are two articles on making a hotdog for a shooter, specifically for a LA Veritas plane.

The first is a handtool only method: http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMad...LV%20LAJ1.html

The second requires an assortment of power tools: http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMad...ck%20pics.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

Well,

I tried repeatedly to upload an image of my shooting board without success. Can anyone tell me what the secret is?

Derek, thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

Blog Entries
    Gerry,
    Look for the icon for linking a picture at top of posting area. You should get a small screen that will let you choose an image from your computer. You may have to resize your image, if it is too big it want load.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry S. Wojtowicz View Post
    Well,

I tried repeatedly to upload an image of my shooting board without success. Can anyone tell me what the secret is?

Derek, thanks for the links. I'll check them out.
    Gerry,

How far did you get in your attempt to upload an image?

If you got through the menu to the upload point and had a problem, it may be as Mike suggested, the file is too big. You may need to convert it to a .jpg file or a .png. I am not sure how big of a file the vBulletin software can handle before it chokes.

If that isn't the problem, here is something I posted a few years ago that may help:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...s-of-June-2011

There are some omissions of the finer points. When a new post is created the paperclip is in the selection of icons available above the text window:

Picture 1.png

When replying to a post, double click the reply button and you will have a composition page with the paperclip included icon.

The current window is a bit different than the old uploader:

Picture 2.jpg

When this window appears, select Add Files. The choose file and + Upload menu will open. After you have navigated to the file you want to upload you can click the + to choose a second file or you can upload the single file.

Picture 3.jpg

If you look in the text below you will see the === highlighted (grayed out in the image) selecting "Insert Inline" will replace the === with the image or images in the lower section with checks in the boxes.

Hope this helps,

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

As with practically any other aspect of woodworking, I also found Derek's site very helpful when I built my shooting board. I made mine with teak plywood, purple heart, and padauk. It ended up being a bit Frank-Lloyd-Wrightish. I use the LN low angle jack with their hot-dog attachment for shooting.
    shoot board1.jpg47644_10151327169388713_2034314939_n.jpg528747_10151327169353713_1747769063_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David B. Morris

"Holz ist heilig."