Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: u got mail

u got mail

I think that I lost my E-MAIL and need another provider ASAP
    do Best Buy sell the soft ware of any provider
    will someone recommended a good E-Mail source ?

Who were you using for email? What makes you think you lost it?

yahoo has email as does google (gmail), and your ISP should provide and email account for you.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I use Google's gmail as a secondary account. Quick & easy to set up and has a decent spam filter.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I were using Insightbb .com and it is deactivate, insight sold out to time warning or time warner, someone need to warm time warner

I would use another email provider besides the email provided by your ISP. I have had the experience of leaving an ISP and having to change my email address in dozens of places. It has been several years and I still have people trying to use my old email address. Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook.com, and Yahoo are likely to be around for a long time. Personally, I bought my own domain, but not everyone wants to do that.

Time Warner pulled out of the Minneapolis market at least a decade ago. Everyone who had rr.com email addresses lost access to their email in 2008. They had to switch to Comcast.net or find another email provider.
    Last edited by Brian Elfert; 12-13-2014 at 4:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    I think that I lost my E-MAIL and need another provider ASAP
    do Best Buy sell the soft ware of any provider
    will someone recommended a good E-Mail source ?
    Most email now is accessed via the web. You don't need software unless you want to use it.

I would suggest finding a friend or relative who can help you with this. There are many sources for free email these days. You don't need to buy a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Who were you using for email? What makes you think you lost it?

yahoo has email as does google (gmail), and your ISP should provide and email account for you.
    I got direct TV and cinni bell telephone , which one is the ISP

I got direct TV and cinni bell telephone , which one is the ISP
    when you respond on this forum how do you access the internet? Its either by cable or telephone connection., probably cinni bell telephone?

I would say just get a gmail account, it can be reached from anywhere you can get on the net and you don't need any software to use it.

You can set up mail programs for gmail if you like, my wife used gmail and has Outlook set up and it works just fine. There are many free email programs out there but you don't have to use them with gmail, you can just use the web browser.

I'm with Bill. Go to google.com and get a gmail account for free.
    Google will be around for a Loonnng time.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

gmail from Google. Simple. Free. Always there. If you don't like Google, there's always hotmail from Microsoft...or outlook.com which may be the current name.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    when you respond on this forum how do you access the internet? Its either by cable or telephone connection., probably cinni bell telephone?
    I am going to the land-line phone company after they open Monday, maybe they can do the work for me since I forgot how, I went to Google once but they too are not simple enough for me

I am going to the land-line phone company after they open Monday,
    They can't do anything. You need to talk to the company that you pay for I-net service.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Ray, it's a good idea to have an email provider that is NOT your Internet service provider. Why? Because if you change providers, you don't have to change your email address. GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, etc., are all equally easy to use.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Ray, it's a good idea to have an email provider that is NOT your Internet service provider. Why? Because if you change providers, you don't have to change your email address. GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, etc., are all equally easy to use.
    Of course we tried that already. He isn't listening.