Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: u got mail

What are you having problems with on gmail? If you can use SMC you can use gmail, or hotmail, or yahoo, etc.

There is no simpler way than to use google mail. gmail as it is known. Ray, just type mail into your browser and gmail will be one of the first links. Open an account and you will have mail in a couple minutes. No need to get your ISP involved or even know who they are.

Blog Entries
    If you can Ray, talk to the person that helped you get on the internet the first time. They should be able to help you get your email back.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    If you can Ray, talk to the person that helped you get on the internet the first time. They should be able to help you get your email back.
    Larry, I try talking to myself about this E-Mail but I tend to forget too soon
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    They can't do anything. You need to talk to the company that you pay for I-net service.
    I got direct TV, but the old cable company was insightbb , they got bought by timr warner and they got fired quick, SO I pay direct tv and cinni bell now

Blog Entries
    Ray, as many others have already recommended your best bet is to get Gmail or Yahoo mail or any one of many webmail providers. However, I would go with one of the majors like gmail or Yahoo. Outlook.com is pretty good as well. You do not need to know who your internet provider is, just google "free webmail provider" or " free email provider" and take it from there. I'm not sure what else can be said, it really is very simple.

BTW: DirecTV is not an internet provider like your cable company probably was.

Merry Christmas to you too Ray!
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 12-15-2014 at 3:31 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Ray, as many others have already recommended your best bet is to get Gmail or Yahoo mail or any one of many webmail providers. However, I would go with one of the majors like gmail or Yahoo. Outlook.com is pretty good as well. You do not need to know who your internet provider is, just google "free webmail provider" or " free email provider" and take it from there. I'm not sure what else can be said, it really is very simple.

BTW: DirecTV is not an internet provider like your cable company probably was.

Merry Christmas to you too Ray!
    I try a number of the e-mail providers and give up on them because of the questions that I could not answer, I not ignoring the other posts just do not feel up to doing the search

I finally got Gmail up BUT I do not see any scroll slider on the side of the screen which make it impossible to move the view

I have the slider. You need a bunch of e-mail in it before it appears.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    I have the slider. You need a bunch of e-mail in it before it appears.
    If I change my E-mail address here will you sent me a numbers of messages to test this out

Blog Entries
    Ray, just send yourself multiple emails. That's what I do.

Also, gmail is initially configured to show 50 emails at a time(I think). If you have more than 50 in your inbox, you will have to press the > button located in the top right area of the screen to see the next 50. I believe you can change this in the settings.

I am sure that you will find quite a few differences in the gmail interface compared to the one you have been using. Some you may like while others you will dislike. This will be true no matter which email provider you go with. So if you prepare yourself for these changes, I think they will be a little easier to adjust to.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 12-16-2014 at 2:04 PM.
    Larry J Browning

I'd be happy to Ray. You can also send a message to yourself, it'll go out on the web and back into your mailbox.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Ray,
    Please note - you will get some spam emails. They will go into your spam mailbox - Google does you a bit of a favor there. Be sure to check your Spam from time to time for unsolicited offers and deals you probably don't want to know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Ray,
    Please note - you will get some spam emails. They will go into your spam mailbox - Google does you a bit of a favor there. Be sure to check your Spam from time to time for unsolicited offers and deals you probably don't want to know about.
    I hope that the spam mail do not say Mail undeliverable and come in bundles

Ray, just send yourself multiple emails. That's what I do.

Also, gmail is initially configured to show 50 emails at a time(I think). If you have more than 50 in your inbox, you will have to press the > button located in the top right area of the screen to see the next 50. I believe you can change this in the settings.

I am sure that you will find quite a few differences in the gmail interface compared to the one you have been using. Some you may like while others you will dislike. This will be true no matter which email provider you go with. So if you prepare yourself for these changes, I think they will be a little easier to adjust to.

I try to send a e-mail to myself BUT a message pop -up telling me to fix the email , they made feel stupid if I am stupid then I got no business being a member of sawcreek and I got no right to go on living if I am that stupid