Thread: looking for plans kiln made from dishwasher

looking for plans kiln made from dishwasher

anyone know where to search

2. I made one, l have a couple of lightbulbs inside, l just close the door on the cord. The dishwasher has its own vents so no need to drill holes in it, and l find the sliding racks inside perfect for loading. Michael

I have one too. Depending on dimensions of your dishwasher interior, figure out where you want to mount a simple porcelain base fixture (like the kinds that used to be installed in closets). Mine is mounted on the back and I use a bulb adapter that allows 2 bulbs to be used, and for convenience, I wired mine to a switch on the outside. I also bought a cheap thermostat to keep track of inside temperature, the kind with a cord so you can run it outside a window and have the reading inside. Be sure to insulate around the dishwasher with a water heater wrap, or similar. Alot of heat loss otherwise if no insulation left on it.
    I think it's important to not shock the moisture out too fast, and potentially result in case hardening of the wood.
    I usually start with a 40 watt bulb to bring temp up to about 105, then switch to a 60 watt, then 100W (or 60W plus 40W), then a 100W plus a 40W in the end which usually gets the temp up to about 130-140 degrees. I do this over a period of a couple weeks, so it's best to have a good load for economy reasons.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

This is interesting, and a great idea. What are some good options for affordable moisture meters you guys are using?

One Ligno model is about $100.00. I'm happy with mine and I think it's pretty accurate.

I had a stack of oak boards (stickered) in my shop on the floor. I took measurements of each layer of boards. The closer I got to the floor the higher the moisture reading.

That's good enough for me.