Thread: Incra miter express plus 1000SE set up/mods for cutting segments?

Incra miter express plus 1000SE set up/mods for cutting segments?

I have an Incra 1000SE and am getting a miter express sled. I would love to hear and see your set-up/mods to make it safe, accurate, and efficient to cut segments. Thanks
    Doug

i use what what you have and have not made any mods to it. It works just fine as is
    I'll be following this one to see what others have to say

Sorry should have got this in the last post. Check out the segeasy site. On the videos it shows a zero clearance insert with a ramp on the right side that the cut segments slide away from the blade making it safer to retrieve your segments. I use the eraser end of a pencil to retrieve my segments but am going to try the ramp. Here is a link
    http://segeasy.com/segeasy.htm
    I just ordered some of the wedges and will post again once I give them a try. They might just be like a better mouse trap or the best thing since sliced bread
    Al

I use the miter express sled with my Incra miter 1000HD and it works well. It took a little time to get the miter sled perfectly perpendicular to the blade, but once I did I was able to make very accurate segments. As long as you have a long enough piece of wood you can set up a stop on your fence or with a magnet to cut repeatable lengths.

I also use a 1000HD and the Express sled after using homemade sleds for a few years. I've only recently started using it but so far, so good. I use a homemade ramp rather than the other half of the Express sled to keep segments away from the spinning blade.