Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anybody have/use their Rotozip

I own a couple. They're junk. Whatever they're best at, there are better tools to accomplish them. IMO, they're for the guy who doesn't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carreiro View Post
    I own a couple. They're junk. Whatever they're best at, there are better tools to accomplish them. IMO, they're for the guy who doesn't know any better.
    That's funny. Why do you own several if they are junk and for the guy who doesn't know any better?

Steve

I have one - I am a tool junkie - but on the useful tool scale it defines zero for me.

the only thing it really seems capable of is cutting holes in sheetrock but why anyone uses it for that is beyond me - it is not any faster or more accurate than a drywall saw (though less likely to cut any wires right behind the Sheetrock) but boy can is send nasty drywall dust everywhere - saving 10 seconds cutting out the recessed can hole by spending an additional 10 minutes sweeping up seems like a bad trade off to me - YMMV

For me it's a good drywall tool used for cutting around boxes and ducts that's very dust free. But I have what many don't have, the dust collection collar that takes the place of the standard adjustable base.

RotoZip-RZVAC1-rw-95471-160973.jpg

I also have used it with a diamond wheel to dress up the edge of a tile that moved unnoticed and would have disturbed a continuous grout line that would have been very apparent.

But I consider it "drywall only".

Boy I appreciate this thread! I don't have one and now I'm sure I don't want one.
    Setting up a workshop, from standing tree to bookshelves