Thread: stuart batty tools

stuart batty tools

Did i read where stuart closed his facility down???? Or am I mistaken??

Nope, you are not mistaken.

SB Tools closed it's doors and was (is) auctioning off the machining. The tool stock itself is not part of the auction and I would guess will be discounted to clearance the remaining stock, from whoever is holding inventory.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hackler View Post
    SB Tools closed it's doors and was (is) auctioning off the machining. The tool stock itself is not part of the auction and I would guess will be discounted to clearance the remaining stock, from whoever is holding inventory.
    This seems to be where the SB tools are/were?

http://www.woodworkersemporium.com/M...ty_Woodturning

thats a shame for him and all his investors.
    was kind of hoping he would get his school up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hackler View Post
    Hartville has a bunch of the SB Tools and they were offering 30% off as of 3 weeks ago. With Hartville, you almost need to have a mfg. number and call them because their website sort of sucks. They don't have anywhere near all their offerings for turning supplies listed on their website. On the positive side, Hartville is one of the most amazing stores a woodworker/turner could ever visit on-site.

Stuart closed the doors to SB Tools a month or so ago, and all of the machinery has already been auctioned off. Woodworkers Emporium in Las Vegas bought all remaining stock of his turning tools and bar stock, and will post it on their website once they've had a chance to inventory it all.

I've had a 12" handle of his for several years and just love it. I bought from Woodworkers Emporium a 1/2" and 5/8" U-fluted bowl gouge, 1/2" and 5/8" Elliptical bowl gouge, two 16" handles and a 20" handle, plus a couple extra bolsters and inserts so I can use some of my existing tools with his handles. Woodworkers Emporium has a ton of bolsters and inserts.

Stuart is a member of this forum and hopefully will chime in. I was told the reason he had to close the doors was due to investors. It really is too bad as he appeared to have solved the laminating problem he was having with his bowl gouges, and was starting to get into the swing of things for producing his bowl and spindle gouges.

For those that already have one of Stuarts tools, or those that want to buy one of his tools, it's not like we're left out in the cold. Woodworkers Emporium really stepped up to the plate when they bought everything. We should be set for a good while.