Thread: Question for Grizzly GO513 Owners

Question for Grizzly GO513 Owners

My 513 arrived today. I need to get some blades for it. What's the smallest blade you've run on your 513? And what blade do you find the most useful? Thanks Lewis

I have the 513X2. I hope that doesn't make much of a difference as far as your question is concerned. I have run a 1/4" blade on mine...and I'm sure I could have gone smaller. I just don't think I would ever want or need to.

However, now I just keep a 3/4" blade on it...since I also own a 14" BS that I run a 1/4" blade on for more curvy cuts. I'm pretty happy with that set-up (especially since I am too lazy to continually change blades).

Seriously, the 3/4" blade does well with most curved cuts...even the tighter ones. You just have to learn to do a series of relief cuts first.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

I've run 1/8" bands on my GO513 when cutting out bandsaw boxes. It worked well.

I usually keep either a 1/4" or 3/8" band on the saw, depending on what I have going. The 1/4" works well for craft items where there are tight radii on the pieces. While I normally use a 3/4" band for re-sawing, I re-sawed some 6" wide Cherry with a 1/4" band yesterday and it sawed square and straight with no compensation for drift (don't need to compensate if the saw is set up right). On furniture builds, I will keep a 3/8" on there.

Except for the 3/4" Woodslicer from Highland, I've also started using the Grizzly bands. I've tried lots of different mfg's bands, including bi-metal, but the Grizzly bands cut just as well and stay sharp as long as any other I've tried for a lot less money. I haven't found a single mis-aligned weld, either, unlike one popular brand with a formerly endangered predator for it's name/logo.
    I also am not averse to changing out bands for specific cuts. That's why there are different sizes. It takes me about 10 minutes to change a band and re-adjust the saw guides, etc.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

I know it calls for a funky size, but you can do 1/2 to 1" either way. Easy solution though, call Laguna, tell them you are a creaker, and you will get a great discount and give you that great carbide blade at one heck of a discount, and you can order to your liking. My 17" is going on 11 years old and i use it exclusively for resaw. Love that resaw king! Remember great discount for being a member here.

I run a 1/2" carbide blade almost exclusively these days - i get my blades from bandsawbladesdirect-dot-com and have been real happy with their price and service