Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming Up Short

Dave,
    The box ID is 6.25 inchs or 158.75mm by 9.875 inches or 250.8254mm the paper measures 3.175mm short on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    LaserCUT reads in units Bert, based on the metric system. Would the item be 8 inches long by any chance? (think 25.4mm to the inch not 25 units)

cheers

Dave
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Check your email Bert
    You did what !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I ran the paper test and as you can see its still short by approx 1/4 inch Attachment 302296so what can be causing this??? Iguess its an 1/8 on all sides if I center the paper.
    Well, then that clearly eliminates material shrinkage as the issue. Must be something between Corel and LaserCut. I don't have ro use LaserCut so I can't do much more to help. I use RDWorks (came with the laser) to actually send the job down. When I tell corel to cut a 4" box, I export to DXF, import to RDworks and then download to the laser for cutting. It comes out 4".

What about scaling in the laser itself or in LaserCut? Possible a scale setting got bumped either in the control panel or in your software? I am pretty sure I remember seeing a x and y scale factor in my settings somewhere.
    Last edited by Mike Audleman; 12-19-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    [SIZE=1]Generic Chinese 50w 300x500
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4
    Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
    That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age

Dave S. is pretty sure we have it nailed down to something in the step count or something, I don't totally understand it but he does and thinks he can instruct me how to fix it. Guess he's good with dummies like me He helps a lot of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Audleman View Post
    Well, then that clearly eliminates material shrinkage as the issue. Must be something between Corel and LaserCut. I don't have ro use LaserCut so I can't do much more to help. I use RDWorks (came with the laser) to actually send the job down. When I tell corel to cut a 4" box, I export to DXF, import to RDworks and then download to the laser for cutting. It comes out 4".

What about scaling in the laser itself or in LaserCut? Possible a scale setting got bumped either in the control panel or in your software? I am pretty sure I remember seeing a x and y scale factor in my settings somewhere.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

So in CD if you make using the Metric set up a box say 50 mm x 100 mm and send to the laser. What size does it make? You would think if the steps were set up wrong in the laser control panel someone besides you would have noticed and Rabbit Laser, Ie Ray would have corrected.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Did you change the pulse rate? Or it's something like that. If you change it from the factory settings your measurements will be off.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Its off by an 1/8 inch and unless you do something that the size is critical, like making a box lining and it not fitting I don't think anyone would ever notice it was off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    So in CD if you make using the Metric set up a box say 50 mm x 100 mm and send to the laser. What size does it make? You would think if the steps were set up wrong in the laser control panel someone besides you would have noticed and Rabbit Laser, Ie Ray would have corrected.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I haven't changed anything its just the way I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    Did you change the pulse rate? Or it's something like that. If you change it from the factory settings your measurements will be off.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Dunno if Ray test cuts on them but slightly out pulse to step rates aren't unusual, if no luck with Ray Bert let me know and I'll write up how to adjust it.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !