Thread: 3/8 router collet for Hitachi M12vc

3/8 router collet for Hitachi M12vc

I'm looking for a 3/8 router collet for my Hitachi M12vc, 2 1/4 hp router. They don't show such on their parts, just the 1/2 and 1/4. Looking around I find that the Hitachi collet looks a lot like the Bosch collet for their 1613, 1617, 1618 and 1619 series which is available in 3/8. Anyone know if the Bosch will fit the Hitachi? Need to mount a long end mill of that diameter for a few deep mortises. Open to other solutions.
    Mike
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Use a 3/8 x 1/2 sleeve. Would never expect the other guys taper or thread to enjoy the nest of an alien router.

Does precise bits sell a collet setup for it?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Lee Valley is where I got my sleeve, in case you need a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Lee Valley is where I got my sleeve, in case you need a source.
    What Matt said ....

Thanks for the sources. Precise does sell them but has a minimum order. Looks like it's a sleeve from LV, though I am concerned about run-out at the length I want. I could kick myself for selling my Delta mortiser I thought i'd never use again. Bah Humbug
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson