Thread: Is this Benchdog RT a good deal?

Is this Benchdog RT a good deal?

I just saw an ad on our local Classified :Benchdog promax table/fence/stand with a Hitachi M12V router(no lift) for $520 USD(I contacted the seller ,$520 is the negotiated price which is $600 Canadian $).Do you think it is a good price?I was wondering if those of you who own this RT system would reccomend it,I have heard their cast iron top is not always absolutely flat,is that true? does it matter ?my other option, Kreg +Triton 3.1/4 hp router($600) ,or something else for about the same price but new.

here's the ad:
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1020997947

$_20 (1).jpg$_20.jpg

I think it's a good price if you price the components individually. I have double that in my table saw wing setup.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I think it's a good price if you price the components individually. I have double that in my table saw wing setup.
    That's what the seller is telling me,(that individually it'll cost double ),have to check the size to see if it'll fit in my table saw .
    It looks like not many members have a Benchdog cast iron router table,I may just forget this deal for now.
    Thank you Bruce for your reply.

I have had a cast iron bench dog router table for more than six years and moved it from my Ridgid table saw to my PCS sawstop. I love it.

For a saw you could easily make one and use your existing fence with an aux clamped on. It would be more work and not a CI surface but for $520 you could do it with a lift. Just another option. If you want a CI add $250.

My rough guess in cost
    $300 lift - I like PRL or any of its variants
    $99 router (or $300-$350 if you go Milwaukee 5625 or 7518)
    $30 in MDF - prob have on hand
    $30 in oak edging/bracing - prob have on hand
    Free - offcuts for right angle aux fence - copy norms and add a rear vertical board to clamp to your hence when needed
    $30 in laminate 2nd from menards or store that carries kitchen and bath remodels and the contact cement - add $10 if you need a j-roller
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie May View Post
    I have had a cast iron bench dog router table for more than six years and moved it from my Ridgid table saw to my PCS sawstop. I love it.
    Did you have modify anything when you moved it from one table saw to another?do you have any problem with the surface not being flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    For a saw you could easily make one and use your existing fence with an aux clamped on. It would be more work and not a CI surface but for $520 you could do it with a lift. Just another option.
    I have considered the option of building it from scratch,in fact a few years ago I made one with a foldable stand that I still use once in a while,,I have a Triton 2.1/4 hp with a built in lift that is in a benchtop table that I could use in a table saw wing ,the router system in the ad I linked does not come with a lift and the Benchdog lift does not fit the Hitachi M12V router,that's two strikes against the deal.
    I need a good reliable, solidly built and precise routing system.