Thread: Wixey Remote Read out for the Router Table

Wixey Remote Read out for the Router Table

I have one on my router table and use a fair amount but could also live with out it. Today I did a dumb thing and bumped the display and punctured the display. Wixey has a replacement available, I contacted Barry, but I am debating upgrading to the newer model for only $28 more than the replacement display.

My question is do any of you have this on their router table and how much do you use it?

Thanks
    Last edited by George Bokros; 12-20-2014 at 5:54 PM.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I had one on my table and finally just took it off, I found I was just not using it.

It worked just fine but I just didn't use it, I just used the crank scale on the table or a height gauge and it did everything I needed.

Bill, I have found the same thing. I have one mounted on my table and although it works great, I find myself not really using it much. I have one on my Jointer/Planer and I use that one all the time but just not with the router.
    Earl

Mine's not a Wixey but I use it almost every time I use the router. This one had an oddball expensive battery that I removed and hardwired a $10 Radio Shack power supply to it. I love that I don't have to worry about dead batteries anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    I have one and use it for specific operations. Far from the majority of the time but, when I want that function I am glad to have it. Mine is not a Wixey so I cannot comment on the old and new version advantages.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I am in the same group above - have it on my RT, use it for specific operation and not very often. If I would change on a new one - choose with AAA battery.
    Ed.