Thread: Ornaments

Ornaments

These are the first ornaments I have been serious about making.
    They are to be gifts to business friends.
    As always, comments and critiques invited.

I really could have provided a lot more information, so here goes;
    I started out making the regular round bulbs, but wanted to make something distinctive, something that would hopefully be identifiable as "mine," so, since I do a lot of hollow forms, I decided to try making some ornaments in the shapes I like to make in the larger sizes.
    THEN I started on the icicles and caps. I had one finial from a while ago that I REALLY liked, so I set that on a sill next to my lathe and used it as a basis for the icicles. None are identical, but I think the elements are consistent so I'm calling that combination "my" finial/icicle. I'll be making some adjustments and intentional variations, but I have finally seen the light in terms of having a style instead of constantly trying to be constantly unique. You can probably guess which ones I did first and which ones were near the end.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by George Guadiane; 12-21-2014 at 5:46 PM. Reason: Added information
    Change One Thing

Very nice collection. I'm sure they will be appreciated!
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

3. Nice forms, all, George........not a lemon in the bunch! I like the variety, and this is the first banksia pods I remember that I have seen on these types of ornaments.......kudos!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Thanks Roger,
    I really could have provided a lot more information
    Change One Thing

Very creative and nice.

Stan
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith

Thank you to all!
    It turns out that "my finial/icicle design is "stolen from Cindy Drozda, Steve Sherman and I don't know how many others...
    Back to the drawing board
    Change One Thing