Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no! A comet is heading straight for my house!

Oh no! A comet is heading straight for my house!

I spotted it this morning. Here you can just see it in the upper left.

20141221_135012.jpg

I thought it was going to miss, but it keeps getting closer...

20141221_135025.jpg

..and closer...

20141221_135045.jpg

What am I going to do??

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    What am I going to do??
    Ease up on the egg nog?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

A Tootsie Roll Pop comet. Too funny.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

John -

Have you considered a functional scale model of a trebuchet?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    John -

Have you considered a functional scale model of a trebuchet?
    I'm writing that down for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Ease up on the egg nog?
    Now THATs funny! (Sorry John!)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    I'm writing that down for next year.
    You will need a Gingerbread Castle, of course, with candy fish in the blue-icing moat.

Well, it hit the house. It really made a mess of things this time.

20141221_135602.jpg

At least it looks like my last remaining tree survived.

20141221_135652.jpg

Nope, there it goes.

20141221_135729.jpg

Incidentally, I don't care what astronomers say, comets don't taste anything like dirty snowballs.
    Last edited by John Coloccia; 12-21-2014 at 5:30 PM.

If we don't have a system in place to identify the Best Thread of the Year, with an appropriate plaque made out of - I dunno - wood, maybe? - then we are missing a great opportunity with this thread of John's.

I mean, whadd're we gonna do if the docs get his meds squared away and his lovely wife hides the key to the liquor cabinet? We'll never see the likes of this one again.

Blog Entries
    If we don't have a system in place to identify the Best Thread of the Year, with an appropriate plaque made out of - I dunno - wood, maybe? - then we are missing a great opportunity with this thread of John's.

I mean, whadd're we gonna do if the docs get his meds squared away and his lovely wife hides the key to the liquor cabinet? We'll never see the likes of this one again.
    We could make it out of gingerbread and frosting, but he'd probably eat it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Agree with Kent. Every 70 years or so there is Halley's Comet ....again! The one John discovered is new...and not blurry.

Maybe someone can bake me a new roof.

As a kid, I built models.. Cars. Planes. Battleships. Few lived longer than a month after completion.. Creative Destruction.

The death dance I liked best - an aircraft carrier. Before the main deck went on, filled it with a mix of glue and match heads, and some firecrackers on top layer.

You can see the punchline coming.

Made sure it floated and was balanced enough to stay on the water. 5 minute waterproof fuse. A creek though a nearby state park.

Light the fuse. Put it in the creek. Let it sail downstream. Suddenly, a couple explosions below-decks. Fire broke out. Minor flare-ups [match heads]. More below-decks explosions. Raging inferno.

The destruction of the model was cool in its own right. But...the real show was the little kids out with their families for a Sunday afternoon picnic.

Without any doubt, they had a story to tell at school the next day - Monday.

And, yes.........there is a point in here somewhere.......John does not need a new roof for this one. He needs a new strategy. One that insures the ultimate destrucion........a glorious, spectacular, ultimate destuction ............ of the gingerbread house. We have all seen him make videos of boring topics such as european rasps. Let's see what he can do as writer, producer, cinematographer, stunt manager, and director of a topic with some meat on the bones, eh?
    Last edited by Kent A Bathurst; 12-21-2014 at 7:10 PM.

.John does not need a new roof for this one. He needs a new strategy. One that insures the ultimate destrucion........a glorious, spectacular, ultimate destuction ............ of the gingerbread house.
    This guy.

gallagher.jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Just as well, it doesn't look like the house was properly insulated.