Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh no! A comet is heading straight for my house!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Just as well, it doesn't look like the house was properly insulated.
    The cotton candy didn't get here in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    .John does not need a new roof for this one. He needs a new strategy. One that insures the ultimate destrucion........a glorious, spectacular, ultimate destuction ............ of the gingerbread house. We have all seen him make videos of boring topics such as european rasps. Let's see what he can do as writer, producer, cinematographer, stunt manager, and director of a topic with some meat on the bones, eh?
    John,
    Google "Bambi meets Godzilla", if the dude with the circus mallet doesnt suit. Theres an idea in there somewhere, Im sure.

LOVED the comet!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Just as well, it doesn't look like the house was properly insulated.
    I don't know how this is even remotely possible, but we missed it. The collective "we".

In the basement workshop, there was a HF 2HP single-stage dust collector. With PVC piping. And....he did not ground the PVC. It exploded from build-up of static electricity.

Either that, or in the basement workshop was a 5 gallon pail full of paper towels and cotton rags he had been using to apply Waterlox. Spontaneous combustion.

Either that, or he was out of town for a weekend, and did not unplug his pancake compressor. When the OEM air leak triggered the tank refill cycle, the motor switched on and an electrical short started a fire.

Either that, or he had the grill set up on the back patio. As he was walking through the basement shop to the grill, he dropped a plate full of hot dogs on his TS, triggering the safety mechanism, and somehow the destruction of the blade brake created sparks that brought the house down. I am unclear on how exactly this could happen, so someone needs to fill in the gaps. It might be that his $11.95 HF As Good As Any other Brand Stacked Dado Set self-destructed and threw the tips into the steel saw frame.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.