Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z Axis Stopped on My OmniSign Pro 3000

I have been following all the testing and info on this problem. I might be able to help you direct to the problem.

There is a buffer-driver chip on the MPC-03 card. I would expect that one of the output pins is damaged. This pin is a direct connect to the "step" command on the stepper motor amplifier. Bad step pin ..... No motor movement.

I am sure that the MPC-03 card is out of production for a few years. If you can't get this card working, finding a new MPC-03 card will be nearly impossible.

A last ditch attempt for a dumb fix.... Check the 80-pin cable to see if you have bent any pins while connecting/reseating the MOC-03 motion card.

thanks ,
    Ray Scott

Keith and Scott, I haven't had a chance today, but I will scope the o/p from the controller card, hopefully there is one. If there is an output, I will meter(ohms) the SCSI cable for continuity. The pins look ok, I have the pin layout for the plug. Failing this, I have a 6515 upgrade card that I have in possession for two years, but did not want to fix something that wasn't broken, now I may be cornered into doing the upgrade!. Thanks for the input, I will report back on what I find. Amos
    Good better best, never let it rest, til your good is better and your better best.
    Omni Pro 3000 with 80watt Laser tube
    Gravograph M 20+

That's good advice Ray, its sounds like you know this kit. Amos, if you upload some photo's it would help.

Cheers
    Keith
    Universal Laser VLS6.60, Tantillus 3D printer, Electronic design
    edns Group, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand

WANTED a MPC-03 CONTROLLER

I am after an MPC-03 LV Laser Controller, does anyone have a spare???? Amos
    Good better best, never let it rest, til your good is better and your better best.
    Omni Pro 3000 with 80watt Laser tube
    Gravograph M 20+