Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get your Big Macs while you can

Get your Big Macs while you can

They are gone as of the first part of next year!
    Along with the apple pies!

Man what a blow! I don't eat the two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle, onion all on a sesame seed bun often, but, when I do I relish every bite!
    I'm going to have to make a point of having a Big Mac as often as I can in the next few weeks.

Sad
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Maybe they'll replace it with an actual hamburger made from beef
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Big Macs and apple pies aren't going anywhere.

Seriously... people that eat Mac ducks burgers have never had a real beef burger. Go anywhere in cattle country and order a burger and you'll never eat at mac ducks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Maybe they'll replace it with an actual hamburger made from beef
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Cool!
    I should be red faced for getting snagged into this - but- I'm just so happy it's a farce, I don't care!
    I had a bit of a scare for a second there.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    The last time I had one I was surprised at how small the whole thing was. The bun seemed almost slider sized and the patties were less than 1/4" thick and weren't as large in diameter as the bun. I won't be buying one again any time soon.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Years ago I was training my Malamute to stay in the back of the truck. He was good one day so I stopped at Micky D's and bought him a couple of Big Macs. I set them on the side of the bed and he smelled them and pushed them off on the ground. So I picked them up and took the bun off, and he pushed them off on to the ground again. This is the only thing I ever saw that this dog would not eat.

Makes ya think.....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Years ago I was training my Malamute to stay in the back of the truck. He was good one day so I stopped at Micky D's and bought him a couple of Big Macs. I set them on the side of the bed and he smelled them and pushed them off on the ground. So I picked them up and took the bun off, and he pushed them off on to the ground again. This is the only thing I ever saw that this dog would not eat.

Makes ya think.....
    Critters know. We have a spoiled-rotten Maine Coon mix cat. He loves 'real' food, knows all the signs of grilling. He'll have no part of most frozen dinner type meats. Arbys though - toss him a bit of roast beef sandwich meat and it may well not make it to the table or floor.

Just to be clear, as Jason pointed out, snopes debunked this rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    The last time I had one I was surprised at how small the whole thing was. The bun seemed almost slider sized and the patties were less than 1/4" thick and weren't as large in diameter as the bun. I won't be buying one again any time soon.
    My wife and I feel the same way about Wendy's. They have so dramatically downsized their burgers and raised their prices that we've stopped going there.

Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Rich

Don't be embarrassed about getting snagged into stuff like this, or for liking Big Mac's.
    I can make a better burger than has ever come out of a Mickey D's. ( I should know because I worked in one during high school. ) Sometimes though I just want one of their Habanero Ranch sandwiches and fake fries. )
    Sometimes people just want what they want.

PS
    Don't like Big Mac's though, never did. I hated making them too, as a kid, and we actually cooked them on the spot back in the "old days".
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Just to be fair, because I, too, made thousands of Big Macs back in the day: those burgers are 100% beef. That doesn't mean that it's good beef, nor that it's not over-ground. McD's has two main beef patties: 10:1 and 4:1. That's 1/10 of a pound per patty and 1/4 of a pound per patty, pre-cooked weight. The Big Mac gets 2 of the 10:1 patties, and due to several high-profile food poisoning incidents over the years, they get cooked beyond all recognition. When I started there, they used gas-fired clam-shell grills that cooked the 10:1 patties for 42 seconds at something like 375ºF, the 4:1 got (IIRC) 66 seconds. That left the patties still somewhat moist, but S.O.P. was then to put the patties in a steam cabinet for up to an hour to be used at any time within that hour. When a tray was pulled from the cabinet, any pooled grease/water (from the steam) was poured off before the sandwich was assembled. I'd say the burgers were borderline back then ('92-ish), but I know they have since increased the cooking times, and possibly temperatures, at least a couple times to get them to the flavorless leather they now are.

I'm just glad we have a local brewpub that serves burgers cooked to order. I usually order them cooked medium, just to be safe. Occasionally, I've gotten one that was medium rare, but I don't send those back--they're pretty good that way! If I got a rare one, I'd send that back.

And, as good as those burgers are, they don't hold a candle to the burgers I make at home--made from beef raised on my in-laws' farm--far more flavorful than any ground beef I've ever had from any store or restaurant.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post

And, as good as those burgers are, they don't hold a candle to the burgers I make at home--made from beef raised on my in-laws' farm--far more flavorful than any ground beef I've ever had from any store or restaurant.
    stop bragging