Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm....speechless...Mafell PSS3100e

I'm....speechless...Mafell PSS3100e

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Wow, that is slick! I wonder how many they will sell. Definitely a pro machine, there won't be too many weekend warriors buying them at ~ $3200 -$3500
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Drool...............

Makes the Festool look like a toy.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Wow, that is slick! I wonder how many they will sell. Definitely a pro machine, there won't be too many weekend warriors buying them at ~ $3200 -$3500
    You mean I don't have to unload my Festool and get one of these?

John

Blog Entries
    Now that is truly awesome.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I guess it's an inevitable next step. I don't think it saves labor since the operator still has to set it up, pull out the offcut (dropping it like in the video isn't such a good idea), clean up and such. I assume it's main benefit is safety though I wonder what the rate of injuries are with track saws (I suspect it's low).

I do like the extender feature, assuming it works well. Wish my Makita TS had that.

In general, Mafell produces very high quality product, better than Festool, and more expensive than Festool. Mafell tools are mainly for pros, not for hobbyist.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MafellGermany

Wonder how long it will be before that tab that can extend the capacity of the saw shows up on similar track saw systems? I am curious about that diamond tipped blade, and how cut quality compares to typical carbide, but probably is much more expensive than carbide. Suppose they throw in that Allen wrench for blade changes? That could be a deal breaker.

Quite a saw. Costs more than all my stationary tools combined.

Yup, definitely not for a hobbyist, but I second that WOW!

I see some Maffel stuff in my area, they are big in the Timber framing tool business. I think the Festool 2000 Router was a Maffel .. The serious Timber framers buy Maffel.. The builders who do it once in a while buy Makita.

I checked out the product line.

The jigsaw is a knockout. What an outstanding tool. Only 2.5 times the price of the green koolaid saw.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Let go my festool track saw for the Maffel mt55 saw and track system a little less than a year ago and never regretted it. Yeah it was more money but the unique features and design differences are very, very nice. A tool that is used by us daily, it would be hard to justify otherwise but so would the festool!

Wow, I wasn't impressed till I saw the power feed and integrated dust collection.

If there is a Santa, there will be one here any minute.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

No reason whatsoever to want one, but I do!

Not a hijack here but has anyone tried the Maffel jigsaw? All the brands including Festool say they cut straight and true including thick stock but have yet to experience truly great ( as advertised ) results. The older Bosch I found to better than the new barrel Carvex but neither spectacular, Kent, Rick, any hands on?