Thread: Help with a design for a Wall Tribute

Help with a design for a Wall Tribute

Hello all,

I have a customer that wants a wall tribute (Laserbuzz style) for a retirement party the 1st week of January. They want the design of a Corvette 64 Stingray. I had the vector design created by a designer but I think it may be too detailed and I do not know how to make it so it only cuts out parts of it like Buzz does.

Would anyone be willing to help me out with this jam I am in?

I have attached the vector file that I need made into the tribute.

I would appreciate any help that someone can provide!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Epilog Fusion32 60 Watt / Corel X6 / Sublimation System / Roland VersaCamm VS540i /

Here it is with an outline that you can cut. I used smart fill to create it and you could do the same for any interior parts you want to cut. Make the "cut line" layer active and smart fill where appropriate, use red for the fill color. Turn off the main layer and then select the filled parts and give them a red line and no fill. You can set that line to cut and laser away the rest.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I haven't worked with laserbuzz files, so my guess is to take your image and do some light vector cuts not all the way thru on selected parts such as door handle, mirror, etc. I would experiment here and there and turn various parts into outlines and see how they look cut out. Do your tests on paper to save on waste.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."