Thread: Question for the guitar players/builders

Question for the guitar players/builders

I have seen some amazing pics from the luthiers here and have been amazed at the quality and obvious talent and skill. Because of the work I have seen I'm sure I'm in the right place to ask a couple of questions. My youngest boy is a self taught bass player. He's gotten rather good so my oldest bought him a new 5 string bass for Christmas. As it turns out the oldest wants to learn to play a regular guitar so my youngest bought him a starter guitar to learn on. All of that to get to my questions....

Due to the shape of the axe, a stand seems impractical. I have seen pics here of them hanging from the neck. This neck looks problematic from the shape. Based on the pics below what's the best way to stand/hang one of this shape?

Thanks for any help...

Axe neck.jpg Axe.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Cozad; 12-24-2014 at 11:45 PM.

They sell guitar hangers that screw to the wall that will work easily for that guitar. (nothing different or special for the hanger, just a standard hanger)
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Blog Entries
    You want a "string swing." Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/String-Swing-C.../dp/B0002GLCRC

Hawaiian "gun rack" gets my vote.

Hawaiian gun rack.jpg

Blog Entries
    A friend of my son has that guitar. It works in either a wall hanger or on a good stand with a pivoting bottom. I would hang it myself. Guitars on the ground are in peril around kids.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

IMHO, if it's not too late, I would return it and get a much more traditional shape guitar to learn with. He won't even be able to sit down and play that thing. It's not a bad guitar, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a beginner.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

John, one thing about my oldest boy is he MUST do everything the hard way. So even if I suggested it, there is zero chance he's taking that advice, lol...

Thanks again,
    Mike