Thread: Necklace cabinet

Necklace cabinet

My wife needed a better way to store her necklaces, so I built this cabinet for her for Christmas. It is made of Lacewood from my local Woodcraft. The finish is one coat of General Finishes Seal-a-Cell, followed by many coats of General Finishes Arm-R-Seal. The dimensions are 23"h x 7"w x 5"d. The dimensions were set by her longest necklace and how many she has. The hardware is from Lee Valley. Please comment both likes and needs improvement.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a great looking piece, John. The Lacewood is beautiful.

Great job! Nice choice of hardware and wood.
    Dennis

Old woodworker, engraver, sometime fisherman (to justify all the tackle I own)
    Saw Stop Professional table saw, Delta drill press, Rikon band saw, Jet lathe, Rigid jointer and planner, and most air, hand tools made!
    Epilog 45 Helix, Trotec Speedy 360, Bengal plotter, Sublimation printer.

Looks good and the wood is a great choice. The gap at the top of the door seems a little wide.... maybe it is just the angle of the picture.
    Andy Kertesz

" Impaled on nails of ice, raked by emerald fire"...... King Crimson '71

Many thanks for your kind comments. She likes it!

Blog Entries
    A great little piece John. I really like the catch, magnetic I assume. As far as improvements, I found that LOML outgrew here necklace cabinet about 6 months after I built it but, there's no controlling that . Love the material too. Isn't lacewood fun?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Very nice! I might put a very small bevel on the top and bottom pieces with a block plane to soften the edge jsut slightly....other than that, fantastic!