Thread: entering search criteria

entering search criteria

I'm trying to search the turner's forum for D-Way tools and can't seem to find a way to enter that in the search criteria. Quoted "d-way" has no hits, and I think d-way unquoted is interpreted by the search engine as a minus sign. Any tips for this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen View Post
    I'm trying to search the turner's forum for D-Way tools and can't seem to find a way to enter that in the search criteria. Quoted "d-way" has no hits, and I think d-way unquoted is interpreted by the search engine as a minus sign. Any tips for this?

Thanks
    Dave, I think a lot of Creekers are like I am and resort to a search engine search in lieu of the in-house search. I use Google and this search: site:sawmillcreek.org "D-way" returned a lot of results.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Blog Entries
    Open Google's search engine and type 'D-Way tools site:www.sawmillcreek.org' in the search field. This will work for whatever you are looking for and whatever site you want to query.

<search terms> site:<site address name>

Capture.JPG

HTH
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

The search box in the upper right-hand corner is Google search. It does the same as entering site:sawmillcreek.org with Google.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Dave, just leave out the hyphen. Also, do the advanced search, single content - meaning you can search just the Turning Forum if you select it.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!