Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fluorescent lighting Replacement Shop

One more vote for eliminating the fluorescents. Sick of ballast problems. After 20 years with 50 fixtures in my machine shop and 15 more years in a home workshop, the newest shop only has four of them, and they are only turned on when they are needed to light a broad area. The light switch in the new shop turns on four of the new 28w bulbs in reflectors. Work areas are brightly lit with daylight fluorescents curly bulbs - yes - unlike some here, I love them in my work areas and on over my workbenches. since I am in the shop by myself, I see no use in wasting electricity brightly lighting the other corners where I am not. But then my shop is 1300 sq ft. Photo is of my model corner. Notice reflectors over assembly table. The bright light makes me see like a kid again! I wire the lights over each workbench into one on-off switch for convince.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (112.9 KB, 46 views)

Guys I choose the T8 32w fixture which was purchase at a electrical supply house for 59.00 plus 3.00ea needing 4 bulbs.Its the Cooper brand so maybe these will last as long as my old T12 fixtures which was over 20yrs.Thanks for all the suggestions,just working within my budget-----Carroll