Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right angle hose clamp???

Right angle hose clamp???

Some years ago I recall seeing worm gear hose clamps that the screw was at a right angle to the clamp as opposed to the standard style you see everywhere. Does anyone know if these still exist, what they might be called or where I can get a few?

I do remember them on cars but I have not seen them in a long time, I hated the things.

Like this? (unex)

or the cheaper classic car version (classic industries)

BTW, I agree with Bill, they are an inferior design, although the unex looks interesting.

No, not like that. It was a standard worm gear hose clamp except the screw was parallel to the longitudinal axis of the hose.

Hmm, new one to me, I'm curious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Creech View Post
    No, not like that. It was a standard worm gear hose clamp except the screw was parallel to the longitudinal axis of the hose.
    once upon a time ,, I replace the hose clamps that I do not want and this style was among them

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Creech View Post
    Weren't you HOSED when you saw something like that?

Anyway....... maybe you weren't......... have a look
    Hosed Clamps.png
    Not quite a worm gear....

That's the general idea however they were a worm gear mechanism. I do have to admit that there has been copious amounts of hops and grains consumed over the years however I do not recall having been "Over served" at the time but there are many things I do not recall from the past. Must be some form of selective memory.

LOL. It will be very interesting to see something like that with a worm gear drive. This image of the clamp came from a google search in images using "antique hose clamps". It was the very first picture to have showed up using those search words.. I first started out with "hose clamps" and the "right angle hose clamps" to no avail. All this is under google images.

Do you recall where you have seen this clamp? A particular auto or machine? A time of manufacture? With some more specific information, you could search the patent files.

You might want to look at patent number 2408347. This you can do by going to the US patent website... you'll need to look at the images to see this drawing of the clamp. It's worm gear driven but the screw head isn't quite longitude to the hose. Interesting.

Here is a link to take you to patent 2408347 Bill Orbine referenced...
    http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=0...iew+first+page

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Aumiller View Post
    Here is a link to take you to patent 2408347 Bill Orbine referenced...
    Thank you! I don't know if that's allowed here on SawMill Creek. Posting a link. Here another patent number to look up.... 2641038. This one is neat. I don't know if I'd classify this a worm drive... but it's darn close.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Orbine View Post
    Thank you! I don't know if that's allowed here on SawMill Creek. Posting a link. Here another patent number to look up.... 2641038. This one is neat. I don't know if I'd classify this a worm drive... but it's darn close.
    Bill, most links are fine.

From the Terms of Service (TOS):

3. External Linking

Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Bill, most links are fine.

From the Terms of Service (TOS):

3. External Linking

Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek.
    Thank You, Bruce. OK, so here goes:

This one could be the one! Though this seems more of a screw than worm gear. That's debatable, I think.