Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: New model- G0766 [Upgrade possible!]

Both of those look like great solutions. I would prefer something like the Lift-N-Lock system...but it costs a little more than I'm ready to spend. I can probably come up with a solution similar by fabricating my own. Might have to break out my welder and practice a bit. Thanks for the options.

2. Just a new observation on this new G0766...........today I did a demo at one of our clubs, and used the PM3520b that is there and took a minute to measure the bed of the 3520b. At the bottom of the bed casting, it is 10 inches across. That and the legs help produce the mass of the 3520b.

On the spec sheet, listed on the Grizzly website for the G0766 it says that the width of the bed is 10 inches. If this is not a misprint, then we can safely say that they have made the unit bigger in the bed than the 18/47 G0733. Of course, when we get the lathe in possession, all the particulars will come into clear focus, and we will know more how to compare units that are currently on the market.

Just thought I would pass this along to those interested.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

3. I have been watching this thread for a bit. I called Grizzly a couple times over the past few months in regards to the item also.

Today I put in my order. I would love the PM, but too pricey at this early in my game. With the new 17" bandsaw and this lathe, I am still well under the PM price tag. The Nova 16 I was debating also, but after adding items, gets up there close to the Nova 2024. Seeing a picture of a Nova under a PM was also an eye opener.

I am going to look at this 22" er as a stepping stone up from my Delta 12" VS.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jeramie Johnson View Post
    I have been watching this thread for a bit. I called Grizzly a couple times over the past few months in regards to the item also.

Today I put in my order. I would love the PM, but too pricey at this early in my game. With the new 17" bandsaw and this lathe, I am still well under the PM price tag. The Nova 16 I was debating also, but after adding items, gets up there close to the Nova 2024. Seeing a picture of a Nova under a PM was also an eye opener.

I am going to look at this 22" er as a stepping stone up from my Delta 12" VS.
    This lathe is more of a destination than a way point in your journey, Jeremy! That is unless you are interested in either the Robust American Beauty or the Serious SL 2542.....they both have 25" swing, which are the upper end of wood lathes on the market. You might be able to find one of those old lathes like they used in ship yards to make the main masts on sailboats, but not sure you are wanting to go that big from that Delta midi.......but who knows?

I think you will find this new G0766 to be a pretty stout unit!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    This lathe is more of a destination than a way point in your journey, Jeremy! That is unless you are interested in either the Robust American Beauty or the Serious SL 2542.....they both have 25" swing, which are the upper end of wood lathes on the market. You might be able to find one of those old lathes like they used in ship yards to make the main masts on sailboats, but not sure you are wanting to go that big from that Delta midi.......but who knows?

I think you will find this new G0766 to be a pretty stout unit!
    Thanks Roger. I think it will work out well.

Since my WTB ad for a 16' -20' lathe didn't get responses, I am hoping this 81" one will do. Might have to CA glue a few together to make the ship masts........but I also have some Duck tape laying around.