Thread: Ricoh Printer

Ricoh Printer

I've got a ricoh 7000 printer that I don't need or use anymore. I'm sure the heads need to be cleaned and I get the message the ink tray needs to be replaced. Is there someone that works on these printers and big question is it worth trying to fix at this point. Ricoh is absolutely no help with this as I have called several times . Bill W. 352 475 3400

Send it to recycle. I advertised a like new photo quality printer for free on Craigslist for 2 weeks and didn't even get a phone call.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bill, Conde can help. You can buy the ink tray for like $30 or so. You probably need to see if the dye sub ink has expired. If so, new ink, a new tray, and some head cleaning and it will probably be back to working condition. That's an expensive dye sub printer.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

On just about all ink jet style run the auto head cleaning routine.. While you can get dry ink etc, an old bench tech told me the secret is to keep running the head cleaning... Perhaps as many as 10-20 times. That will save you an hr or two of billable time. If that doesn't fix it you generally will have to buy a new head & typically the cost is quite high.

Bob
    Gwieke 1290-100W,
    Trotec Speedy 400 - 80W
    Corel Draw X4

I have rebuilt several of the 7000's, and generally if the ink is dried in the heads, it will cost more to replace the heads than the printer is worth. I have one here right now that has a bad board that I am going to be replacing in the next week as soon as Ricoh sends me the part. Their parts dept is slooooooooooooooooooow!
    Arizona Sign and Decorated Products
    AZHAMSIGNS

Universal M-30 30w Laser with Rotary
    LaserPro Venus 12w Laser
    3 Carvewright Machines
    Sega Vinyl Cutter
    Dye Sublimation Equipment
    Featuring 3 Richo SG3110DN's
    12x14 Heat Press
    Multifixture Mug Press

Full Wood Turning Shop
    Full Custom Woodworking Shop

When my power supply died in a little more than a year my supplier said it is unfixable get a new one, Ricoh never returned emails or calls. Still have in the attic can't bring myself to throw it away.