Thread: Belt Buckle Display and Small Box

Belt Buckle Display and Small Box

I have a friend that is a semi-recent widow that couldn't afford to buy her two teenage kids Christmas presents. She has them involved in the rodeo circuit and really wanted to get them some belt buckle displays. I searched the net and found some examples that were rustic. My neighbor has a barn that is falling down. He said I could have all the wood I wanted. This was the first time I have ever worked with barn wood. My goal was to make it with no cut edges showing. It was a challenge, but she loved the result. I am not sure who was more excited her or the kids. After Christmas, I was messing around in the shop and came across some shorts from the displays. I was curious about what they looked like under the weathering. After carefully checking one for nails, I planed it down. I was pleased with what I found. I figured a nice way to repay the neighbor was to make a box out of it. It came out great. Here are the displays and the box.

Belt Buckle Case 1.jpgBelt Buckle Case 2.jpgBelt Buckle Case 5.jpgBelt Buckle Case 6.jpgVinces Box 1.jpgVinces Box 3.jpg

very nicely done great gifts

Fine design and craftsmanship, but major kudos for being a great person and helping out!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Boulware View Post
    Fine design and craftsmanship, but major kudos for being a great person and helping out!
    Here, here! Nice work from a 'good neighbor'. It doesn't get any better than that.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler