Thread: Turning and reconstructing turning: info/articles request

Turning and reconstructing turning: info/articles request

I know i saw an article or two in the AAW periodical regarding:2 woods of same species glued to a dummy wood[dummy wood sandwich].Turn the glued assembly to shape,remove dummy wood and re-assemble.
    First anyone right off know what issues this appeared in? 2nd,What is this procedure called ? 3rd, anyone seen this done in 2 planes,90˚to the other.? 4th, at what point do you hollow? I've worked this out in my mind but a tutorial wood be nice> Thanks Rob

Double Axis Square Turned Bowls

Here you go!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5w621ZZOITs

Peter F.

I didn't check the video Peter posted, but the OP's description sounds like the "lost wood" process I have seen in the past.

Lost wood - Art Liestman

Well, it is a lost wood project, and done on two axis' axisees, or how ever you spell it. One thing different I would do is to mill the pieces pretty much dead flat before turning. The urethane glue have almost no strength for gap filling, and that glue joint is not secure. Dead flat, brown craft paper, and titebond.

robo hippy

i'll check the lost wood,but it isn't double axis.it is only a single axis,but instead of 1 scrap board in the middle,there is another 90˚Tangentially[head to tail]