Thread: Way to start the new year off

Way to start the new year off

This is got to be so simple but can't get it.. I am setting up my default page reloaded computer. I set up three layers and click save as default with all my other things I need and it all save but not the layers. I use 3 layers on every drawing and I am tiered of having to add them every time any ideas on this?
    Thank you and Happy New Year to all
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Just make a new document add the 3 layers and save it, you can start CD by opening this document, you can even create a shortcut of this document in your desktop, quick lunch bar or anywhere you like.

That is an idea but is there not away to set it in the default settings of all pages?
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe

Interesting issue Craig. I thought for sure the default would save it, but it doesn't. Only suggestion I'd offer up is to make a macro by recording the steps, then assign that macro to a button that you insert into your toolbar.

That would allow you to open a new document, click one button, and have it create all the different layers with the names you want on them. Not what you wanted, but I can't figure it out either.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

You don't mention what version of CD you are using. (In fact, you don't mention if this is Corel either!) If the layers won't save as default, I would try Save as Template. Then you can do "New from Template" to create new blank based on your data and even create a macro and assign a button for it like Steve/Scott mentions above.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Sorry cd x5 I can do the work around if need to just would like it to flow as one step I guess I am saying I'm Lazy and do not want to click the mouse when ctrl+n works
    Plus do not know how to right macros other problem.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Matheny View Post
    Sorry cd x5 I can do the work around if need to just would like it to flow as one step I guess I am saying I'm Lazy and do not want to click the mouse when ctrl+n works
    Plus do not know how to right macros other problem.
    Craig, it's a matter of hitting "record", then clicking and doing what you want, then telling it "Stop". You name it, then you can assign it it's own button and put it on your toolbar. Just open Corel, click the button and it's done. It's really simple. Try it, you might find that it's something you can use for other things. Search for it in youtube if you need directions. It's well worth taking the time to learn. You'll have it done in 10 minutes, with the learning curve and everything.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

hmmm interesting I still want the one steep pony but this will do if not but also this is great for other things to will definitely look on youtube
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe