Thread: Hosted a Meet & Greet the other day

Cool Hosted a Meet & Greet the other day

Had a couple friends stop in to see just what the Dungeon Shop was like. Well, I did have the floor cleaned up...for maybe 10 minutes or so. Allowed both to handle any and all handplanes in the shop. Made a nice mess on the floor
    Aftermath, floor.jpg
    Yep. The panel there is from a class on making a raised panel, using just a #4 sized handplane ( actually, a Millers falls #9) Both of the Tool Chests were opened up, contents looked over....
    toy chest.jpg
    There is a line from one of the Batman movies, where the Joker asks.."Where does he get all those toys..." Planes to be used?
    IMAG0075.jpg

Just a few. One of the guest fell in love with one little block plane, wouldn't put it down. he wound up buying it! He also had a few planes to trade
    plane swap.jpg
    I took the iron out of the middle one, and in about 10 minutes, had that plane making decent, Jack plane style shavings, while showing exactly how i do each step.
    Saws were hauled down from the ceiling joists, and a class was held on their use. The second guest was wanting to learn how, and I promised her a couple saws to take home. Have to keep up the "prac-tizing" you know.
    Lot os tips were exchanged, someone liked the leg vise set up. Had a test track of pine set up for each to try out any type of plane in my shop. The Wards #78 was a hit.

So, if anyone is within driving distance, or just passing through, stop by! Let me know a bit ahead of time, and I can give directions, too. Warning: it is crowded down there, and three people is about all that can be in the shop at a time.

The first two guests ever to tour my shop seemed to have a good time, too...

Steven, very generous of you to share your shop, knowledge and tools.............Well done........Rod.

IF anyone cares to come and visit for a day, let me know! Only cost would be YOUR gas. IF we knew enough in advance, we'll even supply a lunch, too.

PM for directions.