Thread: corel problem smRT fill

corel problem smRT fill

I don't know why this area won't fill. I had a couple other areas that wouldn't fill and I found breaks in the hairline,but I don't find any here any ideas. lookat leftside compare to rt side thanks

smart fill.cdr

posted in x9
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

first off, I HATE smart fill, all it's ever done for me is crash Corel...

Second, just plain fill worked for everything, I could fill the blade, the arrows & circles, or combine them and fill leaving circles and arrows as holes...
    b1.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Bert,

Since the sides are symmetrical copy left side and move it to right side and flip horizontally.

Kev, I think he was taking about page 3 immage.
    Last edited by Tony Lenkic; 02-19-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Oh did I send all the pages my bad LOL yes page 3
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Tony I didn't think of that will try it but still curious as to why it won't fill ass is.
    Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    Bert,

Since the sides are symmetrical copy left side and move it to right side and flip horizontally.

Kev, I think he was taking about page 3 immage.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Tony's fix worked thanks
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert, image has way too many nodes in the design. Spend a bit of time and remove some node for better looking smooth design.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Main problem I found is there's 2 of everything. And fwiw, I gave the smartfill tool a try on that right section, I got to that point and it wouldn't fill right-- hit undo, then clicked on a different spot and it filled just fine...?

Other problems that may be messing with the fill, you have at least a couple of intersecting loops in both ends--
    intsect.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'll try it again Kev, I did the idea Tony gave me and that worked , but I'll load the orginal again remove nodes Like Tony said, I'll take out those loops you pointed out then see what happens. Thanks for all the help
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I've never used smartfill, BUT... one solution to files with loops etc, is to take the file, and draw a small circle or square, and position that somewhere unimportant inside the file, and then select both, and among the weld options is 'create a new object that surrounds all objects'.

Click that and you'll have your outline with no loops.
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

Thats confusing me but thats not hard to do especially when it involves corel. This software will do much more then I will ever learn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Stewart-Koster View Post
    I've never used smartfill, BUT... one solution to files with loops etc, is to take the file, and draw a small circle or square, and position that somewhere unimportant inside the file, and then select both, and among the weld options is 'create a new object that surrounds all objects'.

Click that and you'll have your outline with no loops.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert, some files develop loops in the perimeter/outline. That's like the crossover in the middle of a figure 8.
    It can come about form starting with text or a shape, and inlining it and then outlining it, - sometimes the formulas to do that make a path that crosses over itself in inside corners etc. That's the loop.

Putting a path on them can create havoc sometimes, with unexpected new inside shapes, and some software will warn you of this.
    You can go and find them all and unwap them, but that can be time consuming some times.
    The method I use is of drawing an unimportant shape on top of your object then using the 'create a new object that surrounds all objects' weld option, which makes a useable/workable new outline or perimeter path with less effort, and no loops, I find.
    Last edited by Ian Stewart-Koster; 02-25-2018 at 1:17 AM.
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

Thanks next time I run into this problem I'll give it a try
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Stewart-Koster View Post
    Bert, some files develop loops in the perimeter/outline. That's like the crossover in the middle of a figure 8.
    It can come about form starting with text or a shape, and inlining it and then outlining it, - sometimes the formulas to do that make a path that crosses over itself in inside corners etc. That's the loop.
    Putting a path on them can create havoc sometimes, with unexpected new inside shapes, and some software will warn you of this.
    You can go and find them all and unwap them, but that can be time consuming some times.
    The method I use of crawing an unimportant shape on top of your object then using the 'create a new object that surrounds all objects' weld option is good for making a useable outline path with less effort, and no loops, I find.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander