Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherry Burl Hollow Form - A first for me.

Very nice HF Rich!
    Also nice of your wife to let you buy the Monster.
    I can see how the hole needs to be bigger for the 3/4" bar, but it is easy to make smaller and specially shaped bars to fit the smaller holes.
    See the attached pic of one I made for my Monster, the cutter is 3/16" metal lathe shaped to a round scraper. Works perfectly and goes all the way to the edge under a wide rim.
    Peter F.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent form and really beautiful. Amazing first effort!

Very nice Rich! Good form and Beautiful piece of wood. Pen blanks would have been a huge waste of a gorgeous hunk of wood.

Rich, you already know my comments... you planning on bringing this to the club meeting? Would be a whole lot easier to offer a critique while holding it.

For the smaller pieces I turn, I took my Sorby 3/8" swan neck. I removed the handle and it fit my Monster systems perfectly! Thing is, even with the Monster system, the 3/8" bar will get a lot of vibration - so take very light cuts!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve,

I do plan on bringing it to the meeting. I have a swan neck that I bought with the monster, but it is 3/4" diameter. Thanks for the tip on Sorby. Either I will buy one and modify it or try to make one like it.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author