Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Regret Wood Over Concrete Floor?

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. It's all been very helpful for the decision I have to make.

I will keep you posted.

Karl

Karl
    I was struggling with this same question when I built my shop ten years ago. I went with a hybrid plan. I have a 12"x36" footing around the perimeter of my shop (28x50) and wood joists and 1 1/8" t&g plywood floor in the center. All of my heavy machines are stationed around the perimeter on concrete (except for the table saw). I have them all oriented so I use them standing on the wood. Has worked beautifully for me!

Kent

I have a red oak floor over 2" insulation, over concrete and love it. I did it for the insulation and now keep my shop heated just like my home. Not sure if it made any difference to my tiredness etc after many hours in the shop, but now can do many hours do to the shop makeover.

I don't think wood would work for me, I have no stationary tools except the bandsaw which weighs probably 1000lbs+, being able to move my tablesaw and other tools around is more important in my small space. I have considered painting it but it sounds like too much work (I watched Alain Valaincourt do his floors on his new workshop video series and it completely turned me off the idea). It's already full with stuff anyway...