Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insert image

Insert image

I just can't figure out how to attach an image to a thread. Can anyone explain it to a dummy?

Lee, When you post there should be an icon button (for inserting images) above the text box that your writing in. Your have an option to link from a URL or from your hard drive. In my case, I normally use Windows 7 IE to surf the web but some people like myself cannot post pictures because there's some missing handshake between Windows 7 and vBulletin software. All of those icons above this text box and below the title box do not appear. Perhaps that might be your situation. If so, try Firefox out.

Lee, under the top thread 'Sticky' you will find a thread about posting photos as of June 2011. That should cover all your questions.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve, I quickly scanned the 10 pages of the sticky, but didn't see anything about what I did incorrectly so as to cause my image to get inserted upside down. I looked for a "rotate" arrow on the toolbar ( like Adobe pdf's) but didn't see one. Is it me or the system?
    thank you, Patrick

Patrick, without any additional info on your image, my first guess is that the metadata is still attached and that is what is causing the orientation problem.
    Steve

The tool bar above the Quick Reply window has a series of icons.
    On the far right, third icon in is for inserting an image. Just put your cursor over it and it will say Insert Image.
    Then select from computer, or from the web.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Myk, that is the procedure I followed and it was right-side up on my ipad but came into the post upside down.

Patrick, there are a lot of people here with more knowledge about images than I am but I believe the orientation of an image is contained in its metadata. Remove that data in the copy you plan to upload to the site and it should - I say again - SHOULD - be in the correct orientation when posted.
    Steve

Steve, thank you. I will try it.

To take a picture, the tablet or phone should be held as like a widescreen TV.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Thanks but no help to me. I think I'm losing something on uploading. Like how I guess.

Lee, what are you using for your browser?
    Steve

Steve, Firefox is my browser. I get a pop up and get the image no. in it and then tap download and I can't do anything with it. A while later I get a pop up the sais something happen to the download so I guess I didn't.

Lee,

I normally use the Chrome browser these days, so have switched over to Waterfox this time to upload an image and see if things have changed.

So, I first went to the Advanced Editor, then clicked on the paper clip in the top menu. This opens the upload window. Then clicked on Add Files. Clicked on Browse, went to the folder on my computer that contained the image and clicked on it. Then clicked on upload. When it finished uploading, a thumbnail of the image was located in the bottom tray of the upload window. I then clicked on Done - far right corner of upload screen.

At that point, I clicked the spot in this post that I wanted the image to be located. Clicked on the small arrow next to the paperclip and clicked on the image name.
    Snow Folk.jpg

So, if you have done all that and still can't upload an image, then I would suspect something in your computer/browser is preventing your image from uploading.
    Steve

Steve, thanks for trying. I get the picture (image no.) in the box but will not upload. The image is in "my pictures". It tries to go to Sawmillcreek but it come in with an error so it doesn't upload.