Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on setting up a Neanderthal "Work triangle"?

Adjust-a-bench legs with casters would allow you to easily move the bench. It is very stable when the casters are retracted. It might also benefit you by allowing different bench heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees Heiden View Post
    My previous handtool workshop was smaller then 100 sq feet. And it workerd pretty well, even for making a dining room table. But one tip, don't put your workbench in a corner. That really sucks.
    ^-- +1 (or a 2, 3 or 4) on that.

It's not just that it's inconvenient, it also requires that the project get moved around more. Which means possible damage, nicks and banged up stuff. Accessibility on all sides is a blessing.

-Tom

I will have to invest some time into Mr Sellers Blog and other works. I wasn't able to find out much about his "Pod" theory. Maybe I need to watch his videos.
    I am just starting the process of moving everything to one side of the shop so I can put down enough flooring, to build my long bench to create some sort of organization, stack everything back on and lay the remaining floor. I assume I will move every single thing a half dozen times before Im done.
    Here's a layout that shows what happens when a canoe project on a strong back gets pushed aside and the worst possible scenario of having to break down plywood.
    I apologize for all the power tool ponderings. When I get the bones built, I will then need help building a proper till for my broad axe and adze selection.

Things are coming along slowly, but I have an Advantec over foam and Delta FL floor down, a 100 amp sub panel in and the 20' work bench well under way.

Here's an updated plan with the machines stowed and the Caveman corner set up. Adding a track saw to the "short list" greatly reduces the footprint that would I would need to reserve for cutting sheet goods in the shop.

Last edited by James W Glenn; 09-19-2015 at 3:51 PM. Reason: getting picture right