Thread: What time is it?

What time is it?

Hello all,

It's not a serious problem but one I've noticed for awhile. The time of the posts to the forum are From The FutureTM!

What I see are the posts are ahead of my machine's clock. I can't be sure but it looks like exactly one hour. Before I chalked it up to a daylight savings glitch but that shouldn't be an issue now.

The problem shows up on my Samsung tablet, my ancient wheezing XP box, and with Linux (Debian Wheezy, appropriately enough) experiments on the xp box. I could see the problem on my end if it was one device or two devices, somehow hitting a trifecta of the sort doesn't seem likely even for me.

Of course if the posts are really From The FutureTM, would someone please post some lotto numbers, results from the aforementioned trifectas and other useful items. Then I could afford a computer as nice as my wifes or my daughters.

Thanks,

-Tom
    Last edited by Tom Stenzel; 01-09-2015 at 12:03 PM. Reason: My post had the correct timestamp, go figure

In your settings for the forum, change the DST from whatever it is at.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    Under General Settings in you profile, there is a setting for your timezone. Make sure that is set to whatever timezone you are in.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hi Myk and Larry,

I saw on the tablet my post time had changed fromthe correct time to one hour ahead.

Looked in my settings the Eastern Time zone was OK and DST was set to automatic detect. Changed the DST forced off and the times now appear correct. I made a note to change it when DST starts back up.

Thanks to both of you.

-Tom