Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Considering my first laser

I also in progress of finding the "right" laser cutter/engraver for me. My head are spinning regarding different type of machines.
    Looking for worksize around 400x300 or 500x300.
    Until now, I have was going to go for the gweikes Storm 500. Now I found out there is another company Shenhui that have qood machines.
    Well, I got the impression of it that toy do. I saw their SH-G350 series that looks interesting. And I see many of the members has
    Shenhui machines.

I love to have som input from you, is
    Shenhui the way to go?

I are going to cut and engrave on wood and acrylic.

regards
    Inge

I have the G.Wieke Storm 500 and it works fine. No dongle needed, software is not the same as LaserCut 5.3 but less featured. I do all my work in Corel, export to DXF or BMP and into the LaserCutEngrave 3.3 that came with the machine. The tube was suppose to be upgraded to a 35 watt but was a little underpowered. I ended up replacing the tube with a new 40 watt from LightObject dot com, the power supply in the laser was rated at 40. Paid about $2400 for the machine plus shipping from Automation Technology a advertiser on here. Shipping was very cheap, less than $200 to go 300 miles or so.
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-12-2015 at 5:09 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Holloway View Post
    Totally agree. I was planning on getting a 25W but ended up getting a 60W and am very glad I did.
    No matter what you get, you will always want more though.
    just ask scottie on the enterprise. He is always giving it all she has for the captain. I would recommend nothing less than 60 watts
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=