Thread: Come on, Lee Valley! Seriously???

Come on, Lee Valley! Seriously???

What's up with you guys? I mean, just about the time we Americans are getting used to cheap plastic junk from China...you guys go and ruin it by making stuff from brass and metal and materials that will probably outlast us all.

Come on!

For crying out loud...I just bought one of your Wonderdogs and even THAT is made all quality, heavy-duty and things.

What are you trying to do...spoil us?

Get with the program.

(OK...all kidding aside...I am continuously impressed by the quality of your products. Keep up the good work!)
    Last edited by Harold Burrell; 01-13-2015 at 3:03 PM.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Did you get the email ad for a boroscope with a Wi-fi connection that works with a smartphone? No idea what I'd use it for, but it looks like a fun toy.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=72613
    Michael Ray Smith

Blog Entries
    Did not see the boroscope. I have the Milwaukee M12 one and so far it has come in handy for finding lost pool balls in the pool table, and looking in the gutter without a ladder. I guess I'm saying I haven't really used it as much as I thought I would. That said, when you do need one, boy are they ever handy to have. The one in the link looks like it has a very short reach. I find myself wanting more than the 6' reach I have. Milwaukee sells an extension, but I have not had enough need to go buy it.

I'd like to have that boroscope to investigate the water passages in the engine block of my Model T... but I'm terrified as to what I would find in there.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    What's up with you guys? I mean, just about the time we Americans are getting used to cheap plastic junk from China...you guys go and ruin it by making stuff from brass and metal and materials that will probably outlast us all.

Come on!

For crying out loud...I just bought one of your Wonderdogs and even THAT is made all quality, heavy-duty and things.

What are you trying to do...spoil us?

Get with the program.

(OK...all kidding aside...I am continuously impressed by the quality of your products. Keep up the good work!)
    They have pretty much spoiled me rather badly....

They had me at "Free shipping"...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    They had me at "Free shipping"...
    Yeah...I know. They have effectively gotten me to the place now where I feel like I need to apologize to someone whenever they offer "free shipping" and I DON'T buy anything.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.