Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Dresser For My New Daughter

A Dresser For My New Daughter

My new daughter is about to turn 4 soon and I finally finished this dresser that I started building for her back before she was born. I built it to match this curly maple crib that I posted back in 2010. This project had a lot of firsts for me: First dresser, first drawers, first dovetails, first top, first raised panels... and a few other firsts I'm sure. I'm happy with the way it turned out but definitely not proud of myself for letting the project drag on for 4 years. Oh well, it's done now and she'll have it for the rest of her life.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trever Williams; 01-13-2015 at 10:07 PM.
    "The key to patience is doing something else."

Words cannot do that justice, spectacular!!

that is great. is that tiger maple. i like the top draw would have notguessed that was on

That is beautiful and to her truly monumental. Did not suspect those frize drawers were there, nice idea that should be
    used more.

Amazing set of firsts. Beautiful work.

Really a nice piece of work. I like the last picture with your daughter in it. She'll grow to cherish that piece because her dad made it for her.

That is an amazing piece, and worth the time even if it was 4 years. She will be able to have that forever.

A faux cornice return built into the drawers?

I don't use the word genius, often.

Amazing work! Is the design yours? Impressive even if it's not, but I've never seen drawers like that!

You should be proud and she will have it forever. Nicely done.

Red
    RED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    A faux cornice return built into the drawers?

I don't use the word genius, often.
    Thanks, putting cornice returns on the drawer fronts is the only part of the design I can take credit for. The rest of the design is not mine. I could have attached the returns to the dresser and made the drawer fronts straight, but then there would have been two more gaps in the cornice on the front that would have given the hidden drawers away even more.
    "The key to patience is doing something else."

It's the first novel idea I've seen in drawer building, for nearly three years.

kudos

OK - who wants to enter the contest for Second Greatest Dad of 2015? First place is taken.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Absolutely gorgeous dresser and cute daughter as well. I am sure you are proud of both.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Stunning piece