Thread: Mistake in log in - please correct if possible

Mistake in log in - please correct if possible

I made a mistake once in my logging in that resulted in my name and password IN the same line.

Now every time I log in the default suggestion is the mistake version. I can't delete that option - wonder if you can.
    It is a nuisance always having to pay careful attention to the log in otherwise I need to try 2 or 3 time to get it right.

Can ADMIN fix the default settings - delete them? Thank you.
    Last edited by Sam Murdoch; 01-14-2015 at 6:14 PM.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Sam

This is something you will have to fix on your end. You should be able to click in the log in box and make the correction and then save your username and password again. If you can't do that, you might also try deleting all your sawmillcreek.org cookies and log in again with the correct username and password.

Jackie Outten

Why not check the Remember Me box and stay logged in? I never log out.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I think your web browser is storing the wrong login name, not the forum

What browser are you using?

If it is Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Security > Saved Passwords and delete the entry for this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Outten View Post
    Sam

This is something you will have to fix on your end. You should be able to click in the log in box and make the correction and then save your username and password again. If you can't do that, you might also try deleting all your sawmillcreek.org cookies and log in again with the correct username and password.

Jackie Outten
    Thanks Jackie I'll try that. The first option- though it seem like the naturals approach - has not worked.

As for staying logged in all the time - I mostly do but as I share this computer with my wife and between us we participate in multiple forums (me)/ social media (her) we regularly reset our browser (Safari) which clears out all the passwords. I like that we need to re-log in occasionally but it has become a nuisance here on the Creek with the problem I created for the log in.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

I share the computer with my wife also. We use separate browsers, I use Firefox and she uses Chrome. It works for us.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Sam,

If I'm understanding you correctly, when you start typing in your name you see a suggestion just below the box, correct? If so, and you're using Firefox, the easiest way is to click the down arrow until the (un)desired suggestion is highlighted, then press <delete>.

I have made that mistake once or twice, which is what sent me searching for the solution years ago. I do not recall if <delete> works on IE, but I seem to recall having to do something slightly different... that may have changed.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Sam,

If I'm understanding you correctly, when you start typing in your name you see a suggestion just below the box, correct? If so, and you're using Firefox, the easiest way is to click the down arrow until the (un)desired suggestion is highlighted, then press <delete>.

I have made that mistake once or twice, which is what sent me searching for the solution years ago. I do not recall if <delete> works on IE, but I seem to recall having to do something slightly different... that may have changed.

I've tried that several times and though it seems like a certain solution it does not work in my case. That's why I wrote here to Tech support. I still haven't found the magic key combo to eliminate the 2nd suggestion which has become the default choice of my browser.
    WQJudge