Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Canadians Purchasing Tools in the United States

Amazon Canada now lists a number of Grizzly tools with 'free shipping'. I assume they would have to be CSA approved. Not sure how the base prices compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Miller View Post
    Amazon Canada now lists a number of Grizzly tools with 'free shipping'. I assume they would have to be CSA approved. Not sure how the base prices compare.
    Nope, you can buy anything, you just can't use it unless it has an approval............Rod.

Thanks for that, Rod. I contacted Amazon.ca about it but they wouldn't give an across the board answer on CSA approval. They asked the specific Grizzly item I was interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chalmers View Post
    Can't believe the discussion about how to break the law. Is that really a good idea?
    Mike, not looking to break any laws, just wanted to know what issues I may encounter at the border crossing. I will not be taking this avenue after some of this feedback. If it voids the tool warranty, and brings me insurance issues the savings just isn't worth it. I am disappointed that some manufacturers aren't available to Canada. We no longer have Delta or Canadian Made General as an option so that really narrows the field.
    Brye Goodspeed