Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big chinese laser ID and power question

Big chinese laser ID and power question

Hi,

I just picked up a donated 100w Chinese laser and need some help identifying and locating some stuff. One thing that would help us is identifying who built the machine. It was rebranded by TUrnkey Lasers. They are no longer in business so any type of support from them is out of the question.

We know the laser has a 100w tube that runs on 220v there are 4 outlets in the back that are labeled 220. It also came with a box that has 4 more outlets the same shape and a 120v cord and plug on the other side. My question is, do we have to plug all the 220 v plugs into each other or can we use just 1? i have a 220v outlet in the shop,can I skip the whir box altogether and just plug it into the 220 v wall outlet?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Technology Teacher - Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver 40w glass tube

Forum runner is acting up and won't let me post more than one picture before it freezes.
    Technology Teacher - Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver 40w glass tube

Right side

On the truck.

Cover open

It's an HX 1290 Made by Jinan King Rabbit

Ignore the block on the back, just use mains supply, the block on the back is very often not grounded to the mains, great machines and bomb proof, they will also take any commercially available single body tube with extensions fitted.

cheers

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Sheldrake; 01-17-2015 at 7:14 PM.
    You did what !

Thanks for the quick is!

If that's the output on the back, then where is the input for the 220v?

It stinks I don't have the laser in front of me. I'll look at it closer when I get back on Tuesday.

It may be a 220 version Chris, on one of mine (the same machine but from HPC over here) the input is just routed to the 220 output block.
    You did what !

Turnkey laser...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Corwin View Post
    Thanks for the quick is!

If that's the output on the back, then where is the input for the 220v?

It stinks I don't have the laser in front of me. I'll look at it closer when I get back on Tuesday.

The laser machine is actually from Jinan King Rabbit factory. It is a HX1290. The laser is a Reci W2.. 80 watts. Turnkeylaser scammed the factory, investor, customers, and the web developer.

You should be able to get parts from nearly any laser company... boss laser, checkmate, Full Spectrum, or Rabbit Laser USA.

yes.. It is 220VAC. You can plug all the accessories into the back of the laser. If you believe there is some problem with the outlet plugs, then you should plug the accessories into the wall.
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 01-17-2015 at 9:29 PM. Reason: removed direct link which is prohibited
    Ray Scott
    Owner/Engineer at Rabbit Laser USA

Advice... Never use your tongue as a multimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Scott View Post

You should be able to get parts from nearly any laser company... or Rabbit Laser USA.
    Ray cannot advertise however I would seriously recommend Rabbit Laser USA for all the spares, I've bought from Ray on more than one occasion and had nothing but excellent service even though he is 5,000 miles away (I don't work for or have any association with Ray other than as a customer)

cheers

dave
    You did what !

Thanks for all the replies. Just to clarify, in order to fire up the laser tube power supply, I should make a male to male 220v cable and plug it into the 220v outlet strip on the back of the laser.

For a tax deduction donation letter, how much should I say this laser is worth in US dollars?

Hello Chris, No do not make a Male too Male plug and put it into the power block on the back of the machine. Thats unless you really don't want the machine anymore. The power block is for power out only. Open up the cabinet on the machine and locate the main power supply. There should be power in marked. Thats where you make the main power in connection to you wall or building power. Also as Dave said be very careful using the power blocks in the back of the machine because they may not be properly grounded to the machine and to the power supply. Look for a separate ground lug on the machine. Thats where you need to attach a separate ground wire and run it to ground, i.e. to earth outside. At least 3 feet of ground rod into the ground. The only other advice I could give you is if you really are not sure call a certified electrician. 220v is nothing to play with. Alot of the Chinese machines are not properly grounded even though they have certification paperwork stating they are.

I have picture of the back of the machine. There is no place to plug a 220v plug in except at the 4 outlets. It does have a regular 120v line and I have powered up the DSP, motors and air assist.

This laser did come with a large heavy white box with a 120v plug and 4 identical outlets like the 220v ones shown above.

I will have access to the machine on Tuesday and can track down more info. It's just bothering me that there is no straight forward answers.

I've dealt with weird stuff like this before when I built other lasers using Chinese parts and I'm sure there will be other surprises to come.

Where can I get the driver laserworks v6?

edit: sounds like it's a 120volt machine then, the choccy blocks on the back are useless in most cases and increase the load on the main machines electrics...I never use mine on the HX lasers and just run accessories from the mains.
    You did what !