Thread: Marvin The Martian Complete!

Wink Marvin The Martian Complete!

image.jpgimage.jpgMarvin 7.jpgMarvin Pieces.jpgMarving.jpg
    The completed Martian! Marvin stands 12" tall from his sneakers to the tip of his brush to give you an idea of scale. He has been one of my most enjoyable projects to build, and love that almost everyone that sees him breaks out into an instant smile

The plate that the concept was based off of is from the 1948 cartoon Hare-Devil Hare, and harkens back to a simpler time, before e-mail, and where craft creations were practiced in schools more. My current table saw was only 2 years old then....

Gotta love my wife, when he was nearing completion, she asked me "so are you going to add Bugs....." And of course my mind started seeing all the cylinders in Bugs, and how I could turn his ears, and cut in two, carve a bit here, etc..., well, you will note that there is still a bit of room on the backside of the table....

Excellent work! I cannot even recall the last time I saw a Marvin the Martial cartoon, but it might be 50+ years. I am a child of the 50s, so I did watch a LOT of Bugs Bunny. And Mighty Mouse, and Tom and Jerry, and ...

Fantastic! Marvin was always one of my favorites, and you done him proud!
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

This one wins the project of the week award in my book. Way over the top cooool.

5. Absolutely Fabulous!!! Skillfully and artfully composed and executed! Love it!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!