Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sjoberg bench question

Thanks John. I tried about a month ago when I started this adventure, nothing. Tried again this morning so I will wait a few days. Will figure it out eventually.

Here are some links to the Sjobergs ST98 holdfast which sounds like the application described

http://www.amazon.com/Sjobergs-ST98-...pr_product_top

http://www.indiacatalog.com/tools4/B0000223QQ.html

Ben you are correct I guess. I have never seen those before with the flat bars.

John, thank you that is it. It won't get me one but at least I know what I'm looking for. Both of those links you gave me a "unavailable" for purchase. I have no idea how you found them because I "X'ed" out and tried to search in Amazon exactly how it was listed. No results found. Just tried Ebay, nothing, few places in England have them listed but are "unavailable" for purchase.

Blog Entries
    The images look similar to mine:

Sjoberg Bar Holdfast.jpg

For other holding purposes I have made a dog or two for the holes:

Dog in Hole.jpg

They are useful at times when planing a board atop the bench to keep it from moving sideways. There is an apron on the end of my bench. A couple of clamps are used to hold a piece of scrap to act as a stop.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Yup, that's it. Thanks Jim. Finding one for sale is another issue in itself.

Glenn, plugging the holes and redrilling a great suggestion if can't get one.
    Last edited by Jebediah Eckert; 01-21-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Well thanks for the help. Sjoberg got back to me and offers to ship one through and importer then to me. Not cheap but it would work. Anyone else who may search this forum in the future it's a 33361 Holdfast made by Sjoberg. Lucky for me another SMC member PMed me and sent me one! Great guy. Got it yesterday and it works great.

image.jpg