Thread: A Few Pics of Recent Activity

A Few Pics of Recent Activity

I read a note the other day about there being a lack of photos of our members' work, so thought I would do my part.

First one is 8x8" and is Russian olive with some colorful BLM trim pieces. Black walnut encases the trim piece and sits as a collar in top. FWIW....I'm not crazy about the top shape on this. If I could change antything it would be to flatten the top shape do something different with the collar. Some don't like a separate piece as a collar, but I like them usually.
    DSCF0572.jpg

Second one is 10x7" Black Locust with cabinet grade plywood (no plugs), and again black walnut encases trim and as collar.
    DSCF0569.jpg

C&C are more than welcomed.
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-20-2015 at 1:40 PM.

I don't know what I did wrong here. The photos were here and then I noticed that there was a "thumbnail" attached and I tried to delete it and away goes my photos. Any Tech folks out there that can advise me how to correct?

Thanks, Mike

Mike, I'm seeing 3 very nice bowls in your post.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Mike,

You included the first two pics in your post and attached the third one.

Anybody know why I can't see the pics myself??

Mike, the second one (black locust) is very cool. I think as opposed to the first one, the band on the black locust one isn't as much contrast, which helps in this case by my eye. The opening on the top one doesn't seem to flow as well as the second one either, but hard to get too much from the shots. The wood in the last one looks killer, but hard to tell much about shape.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!